PROGRAMS: YOUTH EMPOWERMENT
CARE International in Burundi aims to improve Sexual and Reproductive Health for adolescents and the youth and reinforce economic empowerment and gender equality. In 2016, 450 peer educators from VSLA groups (Village Savings and Loans Associations) and youth centers increased their knowledge, attitudes and skills related to Sexual and Reproductive health for adolescents and youth.
Listed below are some of our individual youth programs. Click on the arrow to expand or contract content.
JOINT PROGRAM FOR COMPREHENSIVE SEXUALITY EDUCATION
- In consortium between CARE, Cordaid, Rutgers and UNFPA
- Executed ovar all the national territory, CARE will be working in 8 provinces.
- Target: 1,1 million teenagers and young people aged between 10 - 24 years old
- Goal: Empowerment and Sexual and Reproductive Health for adolescents and young people
- Donor: Netherlands Embassy
- Budget for CARE: EUR 7,459,811
- Period: 2015 - 2020
INTORE II - WISE & COURAGEOUS YOUTH
- Target: 2,120 orphans and vulnerable children
- Goals: Capacity building in life skills and promotion of community and national protection system
- Reduction of children separation cases from their families
- Capactiy building of civic and community structures
- Increase of efforts related to advocacy for children's rights
- Donor: Porkar Foundation
- Budget: EUR 135,000
- Period: 2016 - 2019